Following are a few tips on how to effectively use Rigid Strapping Tape on the hurting areas of your body:
You need to prepare your Skin before applying any type of Sport Strapping Tape:
- First of all, you are required to shave the part of the skin you want to apply the strapping tape This will enable you to get the best outcomes when you shave the skin by means of either a regular razor or an electric one. You need to carry out this step at least 12 hours before application of the tape.
- In the second step, you need to clean your skin carefully with a dry piece of cloth. This will enable you to remove the body oils. In this way you will rest assured that the adhesive tape stays on for a long time.
- If you have any scratches or broken skin, you need to use Band-Aid before application of the tape.
- In order to protect the skin from any rashes or skin irritation caused by the tape, you need to use sports under wrap
How to effectively apply the rigid strapping tape?
- In order to get the best results, you need to apply the strapping tape in an area where joints are ‘at rest’ position.
- Be careful not to bend your muscles a lot while rolling the tape around them. If you do that the grip of the tape will be loosened.
- You are required to apply the tape in one single direction. In this way it will easily roll over that area smoothly.
Check if the strapping tape is tight, but not tight enough:
- You need to bend your muscles, but not too much, whilst applying the sports tape. In this way you will the idea of how tight the tape needs to be.
- You need to ensure that the tape is not applied too loosely. It will fail to effectively protect the joints and limbs otherwise.
- The tape shouldn’t be too tight either. It will slow down the blood circulation to the joint otherwise.
- If your skin feels numb and tingling, you should remove the strapping tape. Reapply the tape with reduced tightness.
What is the perfect quantity of tape to be applied?
- The amount of tape to be applied is dependent upon on the degree of support you require. However, if you use more tape, it will restrict your mobility in muscles. If you use too little, then it might not be sufficient to support your joints and muscles.
- In order to get the best outcomes, you need to apply the tape with slight overlapping.
How to remove the Rigid Strapping Tape:
- In order to get the best outcomes, take away the tape right after you have your sporting or training activities for the day. It isn’t advisable to keep the Rigid Strapping applied for longer periods of time as it can hinder blood circulation.
- Make the use a small scissor in order to cut through the tape. In this way it will come off easily. Take precautionary measures while cutting the tape.
- Once you cut the tape, peel it off the skin gently. Make use of tape remover, oil, or body lotion in order to make the process of tape removal off painless and to avoid any after marks.
It is extremely important for the sports clubs, businesses and athletes consider the best option that offers both the best value for money, and excellence in service delivery. If you wish to learn more about the rigid strapping tape and sports medical products, keep yourself up-to-date with the latest equipment.