Whenever there is a birthday party around the corner, the first thought that comes to your mind is of hiring a party planner in Sydney. However, the truth is that you are already spending too much on the party so hiring a planner would become an extra burden. It is quite understandable that the idea of arranging a birthday party creates a lot of anxiety for parents as there are a number of things to keep in mind. However, if you follow these steps, then your party would surely prove to be successful.
- The first and the most important step is to set a reasonable budget for the party. Figure out how much you want to spend on your child’s birthday. If your child is getting one year old, then extensive and lavish birthday is understandable. Otherwise, it’s better to keep your budget a bit low and invite fewer guests.
- After deciding the budget is the step of deciding the guest list. Make a list of all the people you are going to invite on the birthday and collect their addresses and phone numbers. If your child is a school going kid then don’t forget to call his friends too because they are the ones who will make your child happy. Send out invitations as early as possible.
- Select the venue that is not too far away from your home is affordable and convenient. Make sure that the venue you decide is convenient for your guests too. If you have a big lawn, then it is suitable to arrange the party in your own lawn or garden as you would be able to keep an eye on the arrangements at all times.
- There are various ways for send out invitations. Traditionally, cute cards are sent out with posts but nowadays many people prefer to send electronic invitations. Also, you also have the option to call the guests and save a bit on your budget.
- The most important part of any party is the cake. It is the wow factor of every party and the cake should be splendid and suiting perfectly to the occasion. If your child is old enough to have an opinion then ask him before deciding on the cake. Also consider the weight of the cake depending upon the number of guests you have invited.
- Another important detail that you need to consider is to finalize the food that you are going to serve on the party. While deciding the menu, keep in mind that the food should be suitable for both adults and children. Try to provide finger foods and the items that are easy to handle. Arrange for the proper plates, cups, napkins and tissue papers etc.
- In a birthday party, the most important thing is the entertainment show. Choose some sort of show to make the kids happy. You can call a magician or a clown to entertain your little guests. If you are on a tight budget, then you can simply hold a fancy dress competition and arrange a special gift for the winner.
- Children get excited when they know that they are going to get a present. Make goody bags for the kids who are invited to the party. The bags should include birthday caps, chocolates, masks and bubble makers. They create the perfect environment for the party and make the party colorful and lively.
- As you would have put in a lot of effort and money and it would be a memorable day for your entire family, make sure that you store the memories of the day by hiring services for photography and videography.